Monday, May 11, 2009

Elephants in NY!














So apparently every year when Ringling Bros. circus comes to town they walk the elephants in. They start on the east side of the island and walk all the way across 34th St to Madison Square Garden.

I thought this was super cool (yes I am a little kid). The downside is that because they close down a huge street, they do it around midnight. So for all the kids who would really enjoy seeing this, its a little late for them to stay up.

This happened to take place while my family was here for spring break but I thought it deserved its own post. Despite it being freezing and after midnight, I drug my 12 year old sister and the rest of my family out so we could wait in the cold for the elephants. I took a picture of a bus stop showing the time and temperature just so I could document how much fun this was.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's so awesome!! I've always wanted to see it!!

    ReplyDelete