Friday, May 22, 2009

Family

I love having family in town! We just had John's family in for a couple of days and its always so much fun to play tour guide and show everyone around. The best part of this trip was all the really great food we ate. For John's brother's birthday we went to Bobby Flay's restaurant Mesa Grill. It was really cool to go to a celebrity chef's restaurant and the food was great. After a lovely dinner we went to see Avenue Q on Broadway. It was funny, but it was definitely adult humor!

Another one of the really awesome restaurants we ate at was the Fatty Crab. John and I took John's brother and his girlfriend the first night they got in. They serve Malaysian style food which involves a whole lot of pork. I have to say this was the most amazing pork I have ever had. One of the dishes was a pork and watermelon salad and it was so good its one of those things all other foods will be compared to.

Besides just eating, we also went to the Top of the Rock and watched the sunset, had drinks at Terrace on the Green, hung out in Times Square, walked around the financial district, visited Ground Zero and checked out St. Patrick's Cathedral. It was a quick trip but we were able to do a lot; I just wish they could have stayed longer.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, you lived up to my expectations. You do a good job with your reviews, makes me wish anew that I could have been with you. Thanks for sharing. Love you, miss your being Fayetteville close. NANNY

    ReplyDelete