Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best Weekend Ever! (part 1)

This weekend was packed full of fun, so much fun I'm breaking it up into two parts, Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday
John and I went to a damage sale that his company was hosting Saturday morning. It was at their warehouse where they had all of their "damaged" products and they allowed employees and a guest come and purchase stuff for really cheap. I put damaged in quotation marks because out of the things I purchased the only thing I noticed that was damaged were the tags. Some of the things I tried on were missing buttons but for the most part the merchandise didn't look damaged.
(Sweater I'm super excited about; purchased for $25, original price $436)

The sale was crazy, like the stuff you see in movies where people are running and pushing and hoarding things. I think everyone in there broke into a sweat. John and I split up and grabbed as much as we could and then went to a corner to sort through things. There were no dressing rooms, but I wore a dress so that I could slip pants on under my dress to try on. There were lots of other girls who wore leggings and tank tops so they could try on everything. It was definitely a learning experience, next time John and I will know what to expect.
(Cashmere dress that I think is ADORABLE but have no idea what to wear with; paid $25, originally $328)

John ended up only getting a pair of shoes and a shirt, but I found lots of things of course. The best part was that nothing was more than $25! Since I'm pretty much fashion illiterate, I'm not familiar with the brands and I really don't know how I'm going to wear some of the things I bought because they are pretty trendy. I'm trying to spread my fashion wings and attempt to dress more like I live in New York instead of Arkansas.

Immediately after the damage sale John and I grabbed lunch and headed to Times Square to see A Steady Rain. We were both really excited about this play because it's brand new and has Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig. The play was awesome! We splurged and paid for orchestra seats on the floor instead of in the balcony so we were like 30 feet away from Hugh and Daniel. The play was pretty intense and was most impressive because it was just the two of them sitting on the stage telling a story. There were no other actors, no props besides their two chairs, and most of the time it was just a plain black background. 90 minutes of dialogue between Hugh and Daniel, very impressive.

The rest of the day was not as exciting. We went home, I napped, and then we fixed dinner; excellent day overall :)

1 comment: