Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well...

I just saw Fame and I was a little disappointed. I LOVE dance movies, tv shows, whatever but this really didn't live up to my high hopes. It seemed like there were just little bits and pieces of dance numbers and the only one that was really awesome was the movie ending. I think they were trying to cram too much stuff into the movie and so you ended up only skimming the surface of the characters and their talent. Oh well.

The more interesting part of the movie was the audience. If I had seen Fame back home in Arkansas I would have been surrounded by lots of teenage girls but since I saw it in my Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan I was surrounded by a theater full of gay men (I'm assuming the gay part based on their general sense of style and the fact that my husband had to be drug kicking and screaming to see this movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment