Monday, June 6, 2011

Wedding Weekend

For Memorial day weekend John and I rented a car and drove down to DC for my cousin's wedding. We left Friday after work with the entire rest of the population of Manhattan, it took us an hour just to get off the island. Once we did though traffic wasn't bad and I managed to immediately scope out the nearest Sonic :)

We got in really late Friday and then got up early Saturday for the Indian ceremony. I had never been to an Indian wedding ceremony and it was really neat to see. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures until Sunday at the reception.
My cousin Michael and his beautiful bride Shelli
Me and John
Below is my cousin Laura who works in NYC but used to live in Boston and recently moved to DC, it's quite the commute every week but I love having her here. We get to hang out and usually get dinner once a week; who would have thought two girls from AR would be hanging out together in NY!
We took Rosie with us to DC too since we rented a car. She had a blast in the hotel because it was carpeted and she could actually get traction :) There was also a window all the way to the floor and this is how she spent the entire weekend!
You know me, any trip out of the city makes me happy and this one was particularly nice because I got to fit in lots of my favorite things I can't get in NY (ie. Target, Kohl's, Sonic). John even got to go to Chick-Fil-A, one of his faves although he doesn't like to admit he likes fast food :)

All in all, super fun holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment