Sunday, October 18, 2009

Working Girl

I got my first pay check on Friday; it had been a long, long time since I had seen one of those!

So far the job is going really well, the hardest part is getting dressed every morning. The dress code in the office is a little dressier than I'm used to and not being able to wear jeans is really hard. At my job back in Arkansas I could wear jeans and so I really only had to dress nicely a couple of days a week, here I have to look nice every day!

I've had to seriously re-evaluate my work wardrobe and definitely had to do a little supplementing. Several of the things I used to wear back home don't really work here in NY since I walk a little more. I learned really quickly to walk to work in tennis shoes and then change into my dress shoes. Unfortunately I discovered that doesn't work on rainy days as my socks and shoes were soaked all the way through by the time I got to work. The next day I wore rain boots and it ended up not raining at all. I felt a little silly, but oh well.

I'm hoping since I'll be starting my third week at work I'll be able to get dressed with a little less struggle. I'd really like to not try on 15 different things just to come up with an outfit. I guess the good thing is that I've been doing that for two weeks and I can fall back on some of those outfits. I am definitely starting to feel more like a New Yorker though, so that's kinda cool.

1 comment:

  1. NY fashion in a word: black! It's fun to watch you turn into a New Yorker. Have you been to the Carnegie Deli for a pastrami on rye yet? If not, share a sandwich with John and order a side of potato pancakes.

    ReplyDelete