Sunday, October 24, 2010

Paris (part deux)

I forgot to mention that my last post was my 100th post! I don't really know what kind of significance that holds but I thought I'd mention it :)

Days 2 and 3 - Let the touristy stuff begin!

Sunday it rained all day so we really didn't do a whole lot but between Sunday and Monday we went to the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, and took a river cruise on the Seine.

The Louvre was amazing of course and was huge. You could probably spend an entire week just visiting the Louvre but John and I went for the condensed version. We picked the highlights we wanted to see and ended up probably spending half a day there. I was really more in awe of the building itself than the artwork which I know is not the way it's supposed to be. I think it's me being an interior designer because John made fun of me every time I oohed and awed. He definitely was more interested in the art :)

How could you not love this ceiling, I mean it's AMAZING!

My favorite sculpture, the marble cushion looks more like a cushion than it does marble!

The gardens outside of the Louvre

We went to the Notre Dame cathedral pretty close to closing so we just walked around the outside which was plenty impressive but don't worry, we did make it to the inside on the last day we spent in Paris. Here's pictures of the outside for now :)

The Arc de Triomphe was pretty cool because we walked up to the top of it and hung out on the observation deck for a while which happened to be right around sunset. We have a similar arch in NYC in Washington Square Park but of course it's much smaller.

Lastly the river cruise on the Seine which was beautiful but really chilly. The weather was much colder than I really anticipated the whole time we were in Paris. We had lots of cloudy days with some drizzle too. The river cruise added wind and made it way too cold for the jackets we had on but besides a little shivering we got some really great pictures.

I realize this post is waaaay too long so the next post will just be our day at Versailles, it deserves it's own post anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment